I embarked on my first real re-upholstering project with pretty small expectations. I found this chair for FREE. So – it was a good one to experiment with. I figured that no matter what – it would probably look better than it did before – and it would be great experience for me.
I’m very pleased with the results!
A few things I learned:
- MAN – people use a lot of staples when upholstering things. My hand aches from the removal process.
- As always – using the right tools is key. Thank goodness I found my needle nose pliers part way through.
- I should have used some spay adhesive first on certain parts of the chair to make the fabric lay smoother.
- Error on the side of cutting the fabric too big. Duh.
- I like re-upholstering. But I can see why people charge a lot to do it.
What do you think? It’s not perfect. But it is cute and looks nice in our little living room. whoohoo.
I’m linking up for Metamorphis Monday over at “Between Naps on the Porch”. Be sure to visit for tons of cool projects!