Through Twitter I recently found this blog and it so happened that she just had a birthday too! I snagged one of her free downloads and filled it out for my birthday. Sorry about the crummy pictures – but check out Khristian’s blog for the original download and treat yourself! I like the idea of doing this instead of New Year’s resolutions. Birthday Goals make birthdays feel like a fresh starting point no matter what time of the year it is.
- Click on here to go get one for yourself
I have to admit… I didn’t stretch myself too hard on the birthday goals. There are all things that I try and hope to do and be…but they each encompass a lot.
- Exercise and be healthy – Right? I’m lucky that I am healthy and as I get older (38, ahem – cough – how did that happen?!) I know that this gets more and more important. I ran my first half-marathon this year…and I need to keep it up. I’m a person that definitely feels better mentally when I’m taking care of myself physically.
- Stay Positive – This feels very important to me this year especially because we have big changes ahead. My husband is finishing his PhD and we’ll be (most likely) moving and embarking on his career as a professor and he’s supporting me in my business goals. Big changes like these aren’t easy – but it’s important to enjoy the ride and stay positive!
- Be a Good Friend – I have good friends. I love to make new friends and I want to be that friend to others. I’m also learning that a cool benefit of networking and building your own business is that you meet friends and make connections with a lot of people with similar interests as you. How cool would it be to go to work with your friends each day?
- Be a Good Wife and Mother – Of course I always try to do this. And this list obviously isn’t in order of importance. This is what it’s all about but I also firmly believe that in order to be the best wife and mother I can be – I have to take care of myself and “do my thing”. See numbers 1 – 3. 🙂
So, what’s on your list?